We all know the importance of windows for homes and offices. They serve as a source of fresh air. They keep your rooms warm in winter and cool in summer. In this way, they help keep your electricity bills down. The window mechanism that makes it happen is known as window installer technology.
A small leakage in a window means that you have to run your Air Conditioner or Heater for a longer period, in order to maintain the room temperature to moderate level. Therefore, it is vitally important that you should go beyond window frames and glass, to the spacers and insulators while choosing replacement windows for the home improvement project. Information about Standard features of Window installer can be read by clicking at http://www.raymusson.com/standard-features-window-installer/
Components of Window Installer Technology
Different manufacturers use different material to make sure your windows last for years without any replacement. For example, a replacement window with super space technology, argon and krypton-based glass, triple panes and low-emission coatings would bean ideal choice for any home interior.
• Triple pane or Double pane windows: A double pane window has two panes of glass whereas triple glazing has three panes. Obviously, triple pane windows are better in terms of efficiency, but they are expensive as well. Even a double blazing window can be installed, given that it has a high-quality spacer bar. To read about the benefits of triple pane windows, click here.
• Spacer Bars: The spacer bar is attached to the panes with the help of a seal. The bonding establishes an airtight cavity filled with gas or air. In order to absorb the residual moisture within the cavity, a desiccant is filled inside the spacer bar. Spacer bars are made of low heat-conductive material, such as aluminium.
• Low-E Coating:low emission coating on the windows helps minimize the penetration of UV and infrared light through the glass. At the same time, the coating ensures that the visible light can get inside the house.
Applications of Window Installer Technology
If you want to save money on home improvement, you need to invest in energy-efficient windows. Not only such type of windows have manufacturer’s guarantee, some brands are Energy Star-approved. They are better in terms of thermal efficiency, and consequently, they keep your utility bills low.
Window installer technology can be applied on the following window types/styles:
• Casement Windows: They are hinged windows that have an operating mechanism. You can hinge them to the right or left to open outward.
• Single-Hung andDouble-Hung Windows: A single-hung window is divided into two parts; a stationary part at the top and a movable part at the bottom. Double-hung window consists of two slashes, so you can slide them upward or downward in the frame.
• Stationary Windows: Stationary windows remain closed. This type of window offers should be tightly sealed with quality window installer technology to prevent air and dust. The purpose of these windows is to get some daylight inside.
• Picture Windows: A picture window is a type of stationary window that’s only meant to offer as much light as possible. These windows give a perfect view of the outdoors.
• Slider Windows: In most of the modern-day homes, you’ll find them. One glass window is stationary whereas the other glides horizontally in either direction.
• Bay or Bow Windows: In bay or bow windows, you can see a combination of either stationary and double-hung windows or stationary and casement windows.
So, if you’re thinking about home improvement, make sure you replaced old and drafty windows with modern and stylish ones.